Arkansas child dies of rare brain-eating amoeba after playing at country club

2 weeks ago 13

Unnamed child probably contracted water-borne Naegleria fowleri organism while playing at splash pad

A child in Arkansas has died after becoming infected with a rare, brain-eating amoeba while playing at a splash pad.

The child, whose name was not immediately released, appears to have contracted Naegleria fowleri from a country club splash pad in the state capital of Little Rock, Arkansas health officials and the county coroner said in a news release.

Continue reading...
Read Entire Article